Feelings of sadness and wistful memories are common when missing loved ones at Christmas. Quotes can help you process your grief and honor your loved one who is no longer with you during the holidays.
Remembering Loved Ones at Christmas Quotes
It doesn't matter if your loved one was your friend, a relative, or your bestie at work. Coping with grief during Christmas can be hard and using quotes to help express your emotions can help.
- "The stocking on the mantel is as empty as my heart this holiday. Christmas isn't the same without you."
- "I smile knowing you are singing Gloria with the angels in heaven this Christmas. I cry because I cannot hear your voice except in my memories."
- "The Christmas star shines brightly upon all those missing loved ones in heaven."
- "Like freshly fallen snow, my tears fall in the reminder of those I miss in heaven this holiday season."
- "The only wish on my Christmas list is to meet again in the great beyond. I miss you more than ever."
- "In the still quiet of a cold Christmas night, I feel your spirit warming my heart."
- "If only Santa's sleigh could take me to see you one more time. That is my Christmas wish this year."
- "Christmas carols fall flat since you left. I hope you can hear their melody wherever you are this holiday."
- "While the ache of your loss never leaves, it is profoundly felt at Christmas. I miss you so much."
- "Even though I'm sad you are not with me this Christmas, may you rejoice in heaven."
- "One less gift under the tree and one less face to see. Christmas without you leaves me in misery."
- "The glistening snow reflects my falling tears as I remember you this Christmas."
- "Christmas brings me memories of you. Fondly, I think back on our times together and raise a glass in your honor."
- "Facing the holidays without you is daunting. Memories are a dismal replacement for having you with me at Christmas."
- "The Christmas season may come and go, but my love for you lives forever."
- "Celebrating Christmas with you in my heart and mind. I hope you know that you are loved and missed every day of the year."
- "Hanging your ornament on the tree without you is tragic. May you see it from heaven and be blessed this Christmas."
- "Christmas cookies don't taste as sweet without you here."
- "Our hearts are weary this holiday season. We pray in memory of you this Christmas season."
- "The light of the holiday season has dulled since you passed away. May your spirit shine this Christmas."
Christmas Quotes for Missing Family Members
When the loved one was a close family member, the holidays can be especially difficult. Remember each of these special people with heartfelt quotes that speak to the holes they left in your heart.
- Mom - "Christmas isn't the same without my mother's touch. We honor you by following your traditions even though you're no longer with us."
- Mom - "A loving family holiday is not the same without the love of your mother at Christmas. We're missing you more each year you are gone, Mom!"
- Dad - "Father Christmas cannot replace my own father. Missing you tons this year, Dad!"
- Dad - "The holidays are quieter without your strong presence. We love and miss you, Dad."
- Child - "The greatest gift I ever received was having you in my life, even for a short time. No Christmas present can compare."
- Sister - "The heavens gained a new Christmas star when you joined them, dear sister."
- Brother - "My brother brought joy at Christmas to all who knew him. His loss is felt by us all this holiday."
- Aunt - "A loving aunt is a second mother, and her loss is felt by all this Christmas."
- Uncle - "Uncles are the best friends we didn't know we needed. To my uncle in heaven, may your star shine brightly this Christmas."
- Grandpa - "Christmas feels empty without you, Grandpa. We hope you are celebrating in heaven this year."
- Grandma - "Missing your loving arms and warm Christmas hugs, Grandma. Our holiday is sad without you in it."