Losing a cousin can be an incredibly painful experience. Not only are cousins close relatives, but they're also often a person's first true friends and confidants. Many people grew up looking forward to extended family gatherings, at least in part because they'd have an opportunity to visit with their cousins. It's so hard to say goodbye to a beloved cousin who passed away, but these quotes may help you pay tribute to your dearly departed friend and family member.
Sentimental Quotes for a Cousin Who Died
Quotes that touch your heart can provide a perfect way to express how you feel about losing your cousin. Honor your beloved cousin with one of these meaningful quotes.
- You were my cousin by blood, but you were my friend by choice. I will miss you forever.
- Cousin, the world is better because you were in it.
- Cousin of mine, I miss you with all of my heart and soul.
- I miss you. We miss you. Our family is incomplete without you.
- Dear cousin, as long as my heart beats, you will live on.
- You were my family; you were my friend. It's far too soon for your time on earth to end.
- Do I mourn you twice, my family and friend? Surely this must be twice the grief of losing one or the other.
- We grew up together; I always knew I would love you forever. Why didn't our forever last longer?
- You taught me how to be a friend. Now you are teaching me to grieve a friend.
- Cousin, you will always be the heart and soul of our family.
Quotes in Loving Memory of a Cousin Who Died
Sometimes a few brief words are not enough to convey the feelings you need to express after losing a loved one as special as your cousin. Consider a longer quote to express your grief while also sharing loving memories of the one you have lost.
- In my heart, you will forever be linked with grandma's house, living room forts, and the power of family and friendship all rolled up into one.
- Family by birth, friends by choice. You helped me find my place and discover my voice. I'll have to speak for both of us now; I will love you forever, that is my vow.
- You were such an incredible force in my life, my brave friend, and in our family, my dear cousin. We are broken because you are gone, yet whole because you were here.
- I thought we'd have so many decades together until the end. Your memory will live on in my heart, so really we will never be apart.
- My cousin and I planned to change the world. We had mountains to climb and treasures to find. I realize now that the greatest gift was having this incredible person in my life.
- There is a hole in our family where you used to stand. There's a hole in my heart for which I never planned. I will miss you every day until we meet again.
- I am who I am because I was lucky enough to have you in my life, cousin. Truly, you will travel with me all the days of my life.
- Yesterday you were a great love in my life; today mourning you is the greatest loss of my life. I am weak because you are gone, but stronger because you were here.
- Cousin of mine, you are gone too soon. You're a part of me that I don't know how to live without. I don't remember life without you by my side.
- You always dreamed big dreams and inspired me to do the same. Your impact will continue to be felt in the world through me. I'll follow up on your goals and make sure all your dreams come true.
More Cousin Death Quotes to Consider
Depending on the circumstances of your cousin's death, you may not feel that any of the quotes above are quite right. In that case, consider the options below.
Find Solace in Meaningful Words
A quote can't take away the pain of losing someone you love, but the right phrase can help you talk about how you are feeling. Sharing your love for your dearly departed cousin and giving a voice to your sense of loss can help you begin the process of grieving the death of your loved one.