Using pet death prayers during a memorial is a good way to remember a loyal and special member of your family. Read this article for information on writing your own pet death prayers or finding ones you can use online.
Writing Your Own Pet Death Prayers
Writing your own pet death prayers can be difficult because you are probably going through a great deal of emotional pain at this time. However, sometimes, it is beneficial and comforting to write down your thoughts and feelings in relation to your faith. It can help you come to terms with what has happened and bring you to a mental place where you know that your pet is now at peace.
What to Include in Your Prayer
Writing a prayer is like writing a letter to your higher power about the loss of your pet. Here are some things you might want to include in your prayer:
- Thanking your higher power for the opportunity to have such a lovable pet in your life
- Recount the happy times you had with your pet
- Some of the feelings you have about the loss of your pet
- Ask your higher power to take good care of your pet and hope that your pet is finally free from pain and is happy
- A passage from the Bible
- Another prayer such as the "Lord's Prayer" if you are Christian
Finding Prayers for Pet Loss Online
If you would rather find a prayer online, there are some sites that provide you with a variety to choose from. Browse through the following sites to find the perfect prayer for the loss of your pet.
- Sympathy Solutions: This is just one prayer, Prayer for the Death of a Beloved Pet by Rabbi Barry H. Block.
- beliefnet: Prayer on the Death of a Pet is a great prayer for a child who has lost his/her pet.
- IMOM.org: This website has a forum in which people have posted prayers about their pet; this link takes you to one of the prayers a member posted.
How to Use Online Prayers
If you find a prayer that fits the loss of your pet perfectly, then you can use it for your own personal memorial. However, if you are having a difficult time finding one that says exactly what you want it to say, you may want to use the ideas above on how to write your own and use the prayers online as sources of ideas. You can also piece together a prayer by using what you like from a few to make your own.
Achieving Closure with a Pet Prayer
What is important in prayers about pet loss is that you say what you want to say to your higher power. You want to achieve closure with a prayer during a memorial and one of the best ways to do this is releasing your feelings and thoughts in the prayer. Asking your higher power to take care of your pet and thanking Him for allowing you to love such a special animal in your life, can help you find peace and comfort.