Loss of a pet quotes are helpful to have as references for when a friend or family member loses his or her beloved cat, dog or other animal.
Pets are valuable and often considered part of the family. People love their canine or feline family member and take good care of them. Families take their animals on vacation, celebrate their birthdays, schedule check-ups for them at the vet, and buy their pets toys. So when a pet dies, the loss is huge and grief is evident.
Understanding What it Means to Lose a Pet
Make sure that you are sympathetic when your friend experiences the death of his or her pet. If you are a pet owner, you may find it easy to be sorrowful for your friend's loss. If not, you may not understand the emotions, or even wonder why your friend is so choked up over the death of an animal. This is the time to be kind and considerate. Some people live alone, except for the presence of their pet, so when the pet is gone, they are truly without companionship. Studies show that in the United States, more people have pets than have children. It is not silly or strange for humans to grieve over the loss of a pet. Young children may especially have a difficult time when a pet dies. They will need extra love and attention at this time.
Loss of a Pet Quotes that You can Use
You can choose one of the following to say to your friend at her time of sadness:
- "I am so sorry your pet died."
- "I know you will miss your dog."
- "I know your life will seem empty without your sweet cat."
Sending a Card
Sending a card to your friend to tell her of your sentiments at the death of her pet is appropriate. Choose a blank card and write a few lines. If you knew the pet, insert his or her name within the quotes. You can include one of these loss of a pet quotes:
- "I know you miss your loyal and beautiful companion."
- "It is hard to say goodbye to such a special companion."
- "My thoughts are with you at this time of loss."
- "May fond memories of your beloved pet warm your heart always."
- "Tiger (insert pet's name here) was a great friend to you and we will miss him."
Quotes About Pets
You can also add a quote that has become well-known by a famous person, such as one of the following:
- "A pet is never truly forgotten until it is no longer remembered." ~Lacie Petitto
- "Death ends a life, not a relationship." ~Jack Lemmon
- "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." ~Roger Caras
- "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~Will Rogers
- "... what we have enjoyed, we can never lose ... all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." ~Helen Keller
- "The misery of keeping a dog is his dying so soon. But, to be sure, if he lived for fifty years and then died, what would become of me?" ~Sir Walter Scott
- "Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday." ~Thornton Wilder
Sending Your Sentiments via the Internet
If you want to send a free card via the Internet to someone who has lost a pet, you may choose the card at Self Healing Expressions. You can insert your own sentiment as well as select a drawing on the front of the card.
Gifts to Give
Consider buying a sympathy gift for a friend who has lost a dog or cat. A memorial stone that is engraved with the name of the pet is lovely gift. A picture frame where the owner can place a photo of his pet is also a nice present that will be appreciated. An online shop such as Find Gift will help you look for something to give your friend in memory of her deceased pet.