Article Highlight: Military Funeral Etiquette and Protocols to Expect
Choosing a loved one's final resting place is not an easy task. If specific instructions were left in a will or other legal document, then the choice is much simpler. But, if the person's death is sudden or if burial plans were not outlined, then you may have to make a big decision in a very short amount of time.
At Burial and Cremation, LoveToKnow will highlight different options available for both of these methods. While some cultures forbid having their loved ones cremated, in other parts of the world, that may be the most popular choice.
Many people choose burials as a way to honor their loved ones after they've passed away. Burials allow you create a space especially for your loved one and also gives you the option of creating a headstone and visiting the burial site to pay your respects. In terms of burial, LoveToKnow will cover everything having to do with funerals and laying someone to rest in a cemetery or mortuary, including:
- Respectful funeral behavior and etiquette
- How to write an obituary for your local newspaper
- Ways at keeping a grave site lit up at night
- Images of and facts about Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia
- Regulations and laws regarding burial in your state
- Your rights when it comes to green burial options and guidelines
- Coffin options including biodegradable, inexpensive caskets, and eco-friendly coffins
- Funeral planning help and checklists
Cremation can be an incredibly meaningful option for the family and the deceased. The deceased may have outlined wanting their ashes spread at a special location, or the family may choose to spread their ashes somewhere that holds beautiful memories. Topics here will include:
- Rituals surrounding burying a cremated person
- State laws and regulations regarding cremation
- Urns for persons and pets
- Bereavement jewelry made from cremation ashes
- Choosing a cremation service
- Cost of cremation services
- Memorial service tributes and obituaries
Understanding Burial and Cremation Options
When it comes to figuring out the best resting place for your loved one, LoveToKnow has some great resources that can help you make an informed decision. Take a look at the differences between cremation and burial options and keep in mind there is no right or wrong choice. Selecting a burial or cremation option can be a stressful and upsetting task that may feel overwhelming. Take your time reading through these resources and seek the help of a counselor or therapist if you would like some extra support and guidance during this difficult time.